Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"things" that make me smile

Im mkaing a list of happy thoughts,
a list of graces in my life
"things" that make me smile.
Its quite random and will probably change
as I go through phases.......
If you were to ask me today,
this would be the list,
Things that make me smile
  • my "Message" translation of the Bible. My dear friend......
  • Burts Bees lip balm. (I prefer the kind without mint, just a yummy honey smell and soft lips)
  • my Yellow box shoes, comfy and shows off my handknit socks.( Insert HUGE smile here)
  • Mrs Meyers dishsoap in " Orange clove" scent. Who knew handwashing dishes could be fun?
  • my knitpicks knitting needles
  • Dr Pepper- regular (I havent and wont try the new version since "its for men" they lost a possible customer with that slogan.)
  • Signing time videos- they have given lil G a "voice".
  • Swiss miss Indulgent collection - Dark chocolate sensation Hot Chocolate ( I know its calories in a beverage. BUT it cures my chocolate need for only 150 calories and warms me through and through.) My other go-to warm rink is chai tea. If you havent tried it, do it. You just might like it.
  • my prayer ring. A recent gift, reminding me that God knows.
I want to ask you one thing,
I know we are so busy,
but wont you take the time,
read this last link and-
I read the book, "One thousand gifts" last year. After suffering from Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue syndrome, or Post Lyme disease....whatever label youd like to give this" chronic not feeling well" that Ive been dealing with for so many years. (And the Eeyore syndrome. wink.)
This book has really helped me.
The days seem fuller when looked at through a different lens,
a new perspective.

I hope you enjoyed my little list......
Off to make a cuppa hot chocolate and knit on my shawl.......

Under His wings,
Anna

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea for a post!! Love this. :-)

    Btw, I hadn't heard that new Dr. Pepper slogan - I'm rather disappointed in them. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you love the swiss miss kind..get the Target Archer farms salted carmel... I had it ready at my party a few weeks back and everyone loved it.
    can I say it tastes better then the starbucks salted carmel hot chocolate?...well it is.
    T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.