Friday, March 22, 2013

What have we been up to?

The past few weeks have been crazy- full.
Last week I was able to get G's pleat neck tunic done!
It really looks adorable on her.
I am so glad I ripped it out and reknit it.
(See adorable photos below)

I finally had my outpatient surgery on Friday and I'm on the mend.
I hope this will indeed help resolve the anemia I've been having.
The Dr said it could take three to six months for my iron stores to be rebuilt.
(More adorable photos of lil G doctoring mama and baby doll)

I also received a book to review and read it in only 4 days!
It was so so good!
The book I read is titled "Firefly island" by Lisa Wingate.
Firefly Island is an easy read, filled with romance, and action- lots of suspense and drama.
The author grabbed my attention in the first paragraph and held it tightly in her grasp until the last word.
The main character, 30-something working in DC and educated, is swept off her feet by a handsome man. He has an adorable son whom she falls in love with as well which only adds to the sweetness of the story.
He gets offered a job in Texas so they plan a whirlwind wedding.
Much to their dismay things aren't as they had hoped for when they arrive in Tx.
They learn how to be a family and make a home together in the midst of small town politics and drama. I loved getting to know the folks from Moses Lake and was so sad to see the story come to an end.
This book was written as part of a series, thankfully it stands well alone but the other two, "Larkspur cove " and "Blue Moon Bay" are now on my must read list.
Thank you Bethany House for sending me the review copy of this book.












2 comments:

  1. Anna, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Lil O is absolutely adorable! I look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.