Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Message

I have a dear friend.
Rather worn and coming apart at the seams- literally.
I got this version of the Bible back before I was diagnosed with Lyme disease. I did a mural for some friends opening a Christian book store and they overheard my comments about wanting one. This was their thank you. Well, my husband accepted a job in Ft Lauderdale and we spent a year and a half living 12 hours apart waiting for our house to sell here, him living in a camper there. We drove back and forth, homeschooling made the traveling easier. Well in the midst of all that turmiol I went to the Dr and told her how tired and worn down I was. I had bloodwork done and tested positive for Lyme disease, Epstein Barre titers were elevated and Human Parvo titers elevated as well as anemic....... I guess I was feeling a bit run down! This Bible became such a breath of fresh air. I still love the KJV because its familiar. Its what I memorized as a child. But sometimes this dear friend has a way of making me laugh, taking my breath away, bringing new insight to truths Ive been pondering. Through our adoption journey Its lost its spine and back cover. I called the publisher to request a replacement. They promptly sent one but I couldnt bring myself to using it. I instead gave it to my 15 yo son. I pray that he grows to love his as much as I do mine. A few Sundays ago someone saw me fanning myself with the back cover, she laughed and asked if I had it special made to do that..... its perfect for when you are having a "personal season"!!
I may try to find a carrier of something to put it in to protect it from further damage.........

Today I read:

" Are you tired?
Worn out?
Burned out on religion?

Come to me.

Get away with me and you'll recover your life.
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with me and work with me- watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I wont lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

- Matthew 11:28-30

Ahhhh my sweet sweet Savior.
Just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.