Friday, November 20, 2009

The Power of Crying out

I feel the need to share about a little gift I recieved a few months ago. This came from a new friend of mine. She is the one that shared the first pictures of "little G".
Its a book, "The Power of Crying out"was written by Bill Gothard. This little book can be read easily in one sitting. It was a timely message for me when we got the phone call to prepare for our trip to Ecuador and then two days recieved the call that the Childrens Council didnt meet. To say I was devastated is a huge understatement. I understand that our Adoption agency director was only relaying the info she had received. I wish there was someone that I coud blame. Someone that I could be angry with or give a piece of my mind. But its like the picture of everyone pointing to everyone else. "its their fault". That was in September.

This book is simple. Shares Gods word in small increments and I want to share my favorite part:

"God Hears those in great need"
We see in scripture that the greater someones helplessness and need the more God seems to emphasize His commitment to hear their cry in trouble. God affirms His special concern for the fatherless, widows, strangers(foreigners). and the poor- people with exceptional needs and crises that others do not experience.
God testified to Moses that if oppressed widows and orphans called out to Him, "I will surely hear their cry" Solomon said that God "will deliver the needy when he cries, the poor also, and him who has no helper. Exodus 22:22-23 and Psalm 72:12
Gods compassion in such cases of special hardship is something He expects us to share as well. He tells us,"Whoever shuts his ears to the cry of the poor will also cry himself and no be heard. And He warned Moses and the people at Sinai," You shall not afflict them in any way, and they cry at all to Me , I will surely hear their cry; and My wrath will become hot adn I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.

Later in the book Bill Gothard writes that we can intercede on others behalf. " Samuel cried our to the Lord for Israel, and the Lord answered hi,. I Samuel 7:9

"call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me. Psalm 50:15

I cannot believe we are still here,
in this waiting place.
Reading blogs of other families starting their adoption stories with stars in their eyes watching God move in a mighty way, other families getting the phone call that they can fly, other families bringing their little ones home. Yes there are times I want to call everyone to start blowing the ballooons, bake the cake. "We are having a pity party!" But I dont. I know that we are where God wants us to be. We said "Yes" to His call in our lives. He didnt say how or when. We know that He is still at work and that when it is the right time it will happen.

Our little girl will be celebrating her 4th birthday this upcoming week. I am choosing instead to dwell on what is true.

What is true?
1- Little G is in a wonderful Orphanage. She gets aqua therapy, horseback riding therapies, psychologist on staff and rides in the van to a special preschool 3 days a week.
2- She had eye surgery at a year old to remove cataracts and the lenses. She is legally blind without her glasses but we are so thankful that the surgery was done when she was little.
3-we have all the funds to travel- God provided what we needed when we needed it every step of the way!
4- we are ready for her to come home. When we get "the phone call" we are ready to go.
5- we dont have to worry about her being taken to an institution. Unlinke the little ones in Orphanages in other countries She is just fine.

All that really matters is that she needs a family and we said yes.

Please continue to pray and cry out for us and our "little G". There are many times that my focus isnt where it needs to be and I feel weak, weary.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.