Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve



These two pictures were taken the first week in December when we went to see the lights in downtown Milton. Grace seems to be wondering how it can be so cold in Florida.......

This is my oldest daughter with little G. She and her husband volunteered and dressed up as Elves the first part of the month.....

Tuesday night we took the whole family to see the new Narnia movie. Was so much fun. I did a huge southern meal, fried cube steaks biscuits, veggies and white gravy before we went..... You shouldve heard G squealing with delight and signing at things she recognized during the movie. I hid her eyes during a scary part and it was so funny for her to sign scared and Grouchy at the sea monster when I wasnt quick enough!!! There were so many moments we were laughing at her antics.

Well.... papa isnt feeling well.
So we are home.
Not what I expected for Christmas Eve.
We usually go to candlelight service....
Had the dress, the tights, the hairbow......
Seems like all the traditions that I find security in have been stirred around and turned into something quite new. But I trust that it will still be Christmas with or without them! More years than not we have loaded up in the car and driven to my parents. (or his parents, or some years BOTH- with one family for part and the other for the rest!) But with our new addition and the serious work of "bonding" and "attaching" we decided early on that we would be home ALOT for at LEAST the next six months. it hasnt been easy. But we are dedicated to what is best for our sweet litle G..... and she is doing splendidly as a result.
We went to see a ship docked in the docks in Downtown Pensacola Thursday morning called the Peacemaker. Was beautiful. Grace kept signing "water" and "happy". It was a beautiful day.
No matter the sacrifices.
She is worth it.
Dear friends.
The waiting.....
Advent,
waiting for the arrival of Christ,
Christ in Christmas......
Leading up to a New Year and Lent.....
the sacrifice......
He looks at each one of us thinking the same thing I think when I see her......
"No matter what the cost......
You are loved,
You are wanted,
I want to be with you in eternity.
I want to have a real relationship with you.
You matter......."
He wanted us all to be adopted.....
grafted into the vine.....
A hope and a future......
My heart is full.
THIS is what Christmas eve looks like tonight.

Isnt it beautiful........

XXOO,
I remain Under His wings,
Anna

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.