This year Ash Wednesday, the day that Lent begins is on the 22nd of Feb.
This is also My youngest sons birthday.
He turned 18 years old today.
Talk about feeling old!These are two of my favorites from 2010 and 2011
(Lil Wally in 2002)
For the next 40 days I will be keeping Lent.
I have only started learning about these customs of our faith
the past few years.
I am fascinated.
A few interesting tidbits:
- The flood lasted 40 days and nights
- Moses Was transformed 40 days on Mount Sinai
- the spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promised land
- David was transformed by Goliaths 40 day challenge
- Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from 1 meal.
- Ninevahs people were transformed when God gave them 40 days to change
- Jesus was empowered by 40 days in the wilderness
- the disciples were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after his resurrection.
I will continue to limit my time blogging/reading blogs and on pinterest.
I thought it would be fun to just post a picture and its description in only a few words for the next 40 days.
(I got this list from "The purpose driven life" by Rick Warren.)
Under His wings,