Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A yarn along

                                
I wish I had exciting news to report on the knitting front. 
I've been forcing myself to knit on this project as much as possible.
Mostly in the evenings I've been getting 4 or so rows knit. 
I think once I get to the part to divide the front and back and knit the sleeves I will be much happier.
I guess that is the one drawback from taking a pattern that is supposed to be seamed and knit as one piece - the stockinette seems to go on forever.
I think I am definitely a lace knitter.
Give me a pattern with something to think about and I am happiest.
What about you knitters out there? Do you get bored of stockinette? 
                             
          ( the yarn is a most beautiful oatmeal with flecks of yellow, blue and pink)

I've currently been reading the latest book by Dee Henderson, "Undetected".
I've read all of her books and get so excited when I am chosen to review a new release.
She has amazing talent and knows how to share enough detail to lure a reader in on the very first page. I can't imagine the research that has to be done to write about the military and topics she chooses. Very interesting.
I'm about halfway through it already so I'm sure I will have a review for next week.


This book, " the gentle barn" arrived in the mail yesterday and I have just felt giddy about its arrival.
The book is about a woman that starts taking in abused, abandoned and older animals to provide a safe haven for healing and peace. People start visitng the animals and helping and it turns into a place for people to find healing and therapy as well. I am an animal and people lover so I can't wait to start reading this book.

Even though I don't have exciting news to report on the knitting scene
The books are promising.
What are you knitting??
Do you have a book you could recommend??


2 comments:

  1. I'm working on the Multnomah shawl right now. It's garter stitch with a feather and fan edge. It's a great knit because it's easy to memorize but keeps your mind engaged.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.