Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Yarn Along and a book review

I just can't believe its Wednesday!
I love linking up with Ginny over at " small things".
We ladies like to get together and share what we've been knitting and reading- 
two of my very favorite pastimes.
I think I mentioned last week that I have been knitting a cardigan for my mother in law.
I think if you counted my rows I would only have knit four or five since last week.

         ( a glimpse of the chaos right now- paint and fabric samples, quilting and knitting!)


I'm going to keep knitting and saying a prayer or two 
Hoping once I get to the section where a I divide for the sleeves 
that my interest will rebound.
 I could even set this part down and just start a sleeve 
since those should work up quickly. 
Let's see how this week of knitting goes!




I also mentioned last week that I had been chosen to review " Undetected" by Dee Henderson.
I am a huge fan of this author. 
I love the mystery, action, and romance.
Sadly this book just didn't seem to hold my attention like Mrs Hendersons previous novels.
I loved reading the details about the Navy, submarines, the sonar used
 as well as all the research done by the main character Gina. 
I think the main reasons this book fell short for me was that we ended up reading about two men vying for the same woman's affection and her dilemma of choosing between the two. 
I just can't see this as a real life scenario.
 Especially for the two men to be diplomatic about it. 
I understand that the author was depicting both men as Christians 
and valiant in their romantic pursuit but it just didn't work for me. 
 Several of the romantic conversations between the main character and the commander of the sub also felt shallow. I kept reading and waiting for the climactic part and found some page turning suspense near the end but even that was not this authors best. I was so surprised that this book didn't keep me up until 2 am night after night reading," just one more chapter" like I usually do with her books. That said, Dee Henderson is a talented author. The research and knowledge in her books is fascinating - I'm not one to pick up a book with this kind of plot so that's saying a lot. I will still give this book four out of five stars because I have read much much worse. 



I would like to thank Bethany House for the review copy and the opportunity to review this book. This review was my honest opinion and I was not compensated for this review.




An update about our flood damage,
We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Over the weekend the demo was done 
and they were able to end Monday with the windows in 
and the protective wrap on the outside.


I am trying to keep my whits about me while we are living in chaos.
My son is now sleeping in the school room,
I'm sure he is enjoying every moment of the pink walls and Dora mural.
This is the corner in my living room.




I hope this finds you and yours doing well in the chaos
That we find in everyday life.
We are making the best of it all and choosing to focus on the positive.




1 comment:

  1. the bottom of the cardigan is knitted in such a pretty stitch! Hope you find your knitting mojo again :-) And hope your flood chaos is resolved quickly - I imagine it must be very frustrating living with everything topsy turvy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.