Sunday, September 12, 2010

Writing thank you notes


Ive had many thoughts running around in my head as of late. One of the most profound thoughts takes my breath away. So many times along the way someone decided to sacrifice on behalf of our Little G. I recieved a check in the mail from a bloggy friend that has never met us in person,someone ordered notecards and slipped extra in the check to help pay for G's glasses, a family whos adoption fell apart donated their money to our adoption..... the exact amt we needed to be done. A family met us at the airport to welcome us home..... Many many people that I go to church with every Sunday sacrificed during such hard economic times to help us bring little G home. Show Hope- the memorial fund started by Stephen Curtis Chapman's family.There are the friends that pick up the phone and sacrifice time to check on us. A family in our church bought a baby gate and some extra cute outfits- the first Sunday we were home she asked what we needed and I quickly replied," we need a baby gate." Within a few hours she was at the door with one.....Instead of throwing a shower the ladies in the church took the money they wouldve spent on a gift and put it on a visa card. To get two of those on our journey was simply God. Thats the only thing I can say. They helped to purchase the airline tickets to Guayaquil to complete our paperwork and a few other unexpected expenses. There were many...... I could ramble on and on. It just feels surreal to know that all we did was say "YES" fill out the paperwork and start the process one baby step at a time. Two years later I have a beautiful daughter. There isnt a day that goes by that I dont have the thought. "it really happened, G is really home, shes really ours." How can I find words to write a thank you to these people????? I sit down to write a letter for the Church and I cannot express how humbled I am each Sunday to look in the faces of those friends/ family and know that they are part of our BIG PICTURE. The prayer team encouraging us each little baby step of the way... I am not sure how God wouldve done it without them, I know in my heart of hearts that this was meant to be and he wouldve found a way. But to know that we have recieved such a gift as this........

This girl that has so many words......
How do you say thank you?

I remain,
Under His wings,
Anna

G with her great grandpa

G reading her book with mommy before bed. "if you give a mouse a cookie with handknit mouse and cookie" - gift from a Ravelry friend, Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.