Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just a few thoughts

Today is full. Completely, utterly cram packed with action........
Our youngest is going to homecoming........ yes, with a girl. And there will be dancing, corsages, and going out to dinner without parents in tow. ( we did the shopping adventure the other day and he is NOT a shopper. Never has been. I feel bad for his future wife.) While I am waiting on him to inhale his lunch so we can pick up her corsage before the florist closes I thought I might want to post todays thoughts.

First, our adoption Bible verse:

Proverbs 24:12 "Once our eyes are opened we cant pretend we dont know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.

These are also wonderful verses that are written all over the folders FULL of important papers. Three of them!!!!


1Samuel 1:27 " For this child I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him."

Proverbs 31:8-9 "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute- Speak up and judge fairly. Defend the rights of the poor and needy."

James 1:27 "Religion pure and undefiled with God and father is this, to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation- unspotted to keep himself from the world."

Hosea 14:3 " In you the orphan finds mercy. "

Psalm 68:5-6 "Father to the fatherless, defender of widows- this is God, whose dwelling is Holy. God places the lonely in families."

Matthew 18:5 "And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me."

Isiah 43:5-6 "Do not be afraid for I am with you,
I will bring your children from the East and gather you up from the West.
I will say to the North, "Give them up!" and to the South, "Do not hold them back!"
Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth."

Proverbs 25:25 "Like cold water to a weary soul, is good news from a distant land.


And I close with this one.
I know this is a favorite by many but I choose this verse to be for my "little G"
God loved her before I knew her. He knew her while she was being knit in her mothers womb!!

Jeremiah 29:9-14a NIV
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the LORD, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you." Declares the LORD "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.