Thursday, October 15, 2009

Persevere

I just couldnt help posting about this timely message.
You see, this was the "message" in youth group service last night.
Ive been going to Hear "E" play bass guitar in Youth group and be an extra set of eyes and hands. I have assured "E" that once we get "Little G " home it may come to an end. (I think he tried to hide a smile.....)

Perseverance.

What a nice word.
It applies to so many things in my life right now.
Since Im blogging about our adoption and Down Syndrome awareness I just knew it would be the post for today.
Perseverance n. : the action or condition or an insistance of persevering: steadfastness.
Persevere: to persist in a state, enterprise, or undertaking in spite of difficulties, counter influences, opposition, or discouragement.

Oh how I love that, Steady persistance in a course of action....

So the scripture reading was about Joseph. Genesis 37.... read it if you dont remember. You know the one, the youngest of was it twelve??? Loved by his father and sold into slavery by his brothers.... Sold into slavery. Then harassed by his bosses wife, wrongly accused and thrown into jail.
FORGOTTEN.
Or so it seems.
But God had not forgotten him.
Two years later a former inmate remembers him and through a chain of events he becomes second in charge!!!!

The message was ended by talking about no matter if youve been betrayed, hurt, lied to..... God knows.
Keep your focus on Jesus Christ.
Just focus on him...... and STOP acting like you are broken.
STOP being broken........

I will end this post to ask if anyone is out there and reads this, please pray for our adoption process and for "Little G" . The news I have gotten this morning breaks my heart and it seems like it may take a miracle to bring her home.

I am so thankful that I know a miracle worker.
In fact, He is my best friend.
I choose to persevere.
And focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.