Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Knit along Wednesday

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~ Ginny at Small things

Come Yarn along with us......



Over the weekend I went to my LYS and picked out some new sock yarn. I picked a variegated buttery yellow. I loved how the sockotta by plymouth yarns I used on my last pair worked up so I am using it again. O I purchased this yarn to knit socks for myself, we will see if I stick to my plan or not!(remember the last pair!! I have been keeping one bigger project going and a pair of socks at the same time. Sometimes I want to use larger needles and other times I enjoy the tiny number one or two sock needles. I have found having the two projects going at once works well for me.

I am still working on the baby cardigan. I accidentally knit too far and have been ripping. Not one of my favorite knitting jobs. Lets just say Ive been enjoying the sock the past few days while the cardigan sits unattended and very lonely......

Reading, I have these two books on my review list and I hate to admit that I have been reading blogs and being busy with the family more than actually reading.


Lastly I wanted to show you what my daughter made for me.
A new case for my knitpicks needles AND my sock needles. THe zipper on theplastic case that came with my knitpicks broke after barely a year. From time to time I would find a needle was missing as a result.... this would upset me quite a bit so we came up with a new idea. She gave it to me on my birthday and weve unpicked a few seams so that the needles would fit "just right". (you can see the straight pins marking where the new seams need to be) I am so blessed to have such a talented young woman as my daughter!

Have a blessed day!
I remain,
Under His wings,
Anna

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the music, a nice surprise :) What is it about buttery yellow yarn? I am always drawn to it... I also like to have several projects going. I have a crochet one always in the works so when knitting (which I am new at) gets too frustrating, I can turn to the crochet to feel all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh... that variegated buttery yellow yarn is SO beautiful! I love your case for needles! What a sweet gift. I love the flowers on the front of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.