Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 13- 31 for 21 What it means to be loved

I Was given the idea for this post by a dear friend of mine.
Weve never met face to face,
but I know one day, maybe one day soon,
I will be "just passing through".
I'll give her a call and it will work out for us to stop by
even to just share an embrace and a tear or two.
When she shared the song, "What it means to be loved"
in her post yesterday
and again today.
It took me back to the beginning.
I have to share my heart.
Since bringing lil G home
weve had people give us the crazy eye
People ask questions that have hard answers,
All I can say is when you are my husband,
when you are me,
and Gods love
rocks your world,
THIS is what happens

and that led to this

which leads to this......


which led to this......
Dont pat me on the back,
dont tell me what a great person I am,
WE are,
it takes a team you know!
Because I am just as human as you are
as the guy next door,
but
and its a big BUT
giggle
We took this thing burning inside us
and we ran
we ran hard
and when We just felt like we couldnt take
one
more step
we did.



And some days are hard.
and the world is crazy
and its spinning in a mad circle
but I have to choose
"choose this day whom you will serve"
each and every day I choose.....
and its sometimes minute by minute
those "who will you serve" questions
LOUD
and covering your ears because it will rob you if you let it.
Please,
dont let it rob you
you arent looking for happy
look for joy.
live it out in the hard places
He is the same God today as he was yesterday.
He knows how badly the sin rocking this world
hurts.....
take comfort in it.
in a blink of an eye it will all be over
But I want to embrace joy TODAY
no matter what
I want to see the grace TODAY
no matter what
I want to love deeply TODAY
no matter what
cuz my life depends on it.
Maybe even
other lives depend on it.

Its Mark Shultz's Bio
and HIS story
about what it means to be loved
Here is the song

And the lyrics
in case you want to really shed a tear or two.......

What it means to be loved
~Mark Shultz


For five months and eight days my wife and I had waitedGettin' ready for our baby girlBut when he called the doctor said I need to see youand could you come in soonthen something died inside of me to sit with him and hearthe tests that said our baby may not live to be a yearthen turnin' to my wife and he said "whata you wanna do?"and she said...


I wanna give her the worldI wanna hold her handI wanna be her mom for as long as I canand I wanna live every moment until that day comesI wanna show her what it means to be loved

so we spent each day, watchin' every minuteand prayin' for our baby girland I will not forget the way I felt that momentwhen she came into this worldbut they took her from the room just as soon as she was born

and watchin' through a window I could see her holdin' on

when a voice inside me said...
I wanna give her the world

I wanna be her dadI wanna hold her close for as long as I canand I wanna live every moment until that day comesI wanna show her what it means to be loved


I said everydaywe've got to bring her homeshe's been out to prove the doctors wrongoh and you should see her nowshe's as pretty as her momand theres a boy at the front door waiting just to take her to her high school prom...

and he wants to give her the worldwants to hold her handand she may get a wedding bandbut shes gonna live every moment until that day comeand were gonna show her what it means to be lovedoh yeah (what it means to be loved)

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/what-it-means-to-be-loved-lyrics-mark-schultz.html ]
If youve stuck to the end of my long post.
I thank you.
I remain,
Under His wings,
Anna


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful my friend. Just absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful! I just love this post. If only more people would see a child this way we could end abortion forever.

    You have done it now. :) I'm a mess! I have had the flu or something these past days and when I'm sick I get very weepy... Waaaaaaaaaa! Sniff...

    Just realized I'm not a follower ~ I thought I was...I am now.

    Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful. What a fabulous family!
    -erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was amazing!! Found you through the blog hop! I think you have an incredible family, look forward to reading some more of your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great post. I used to work for an adoption agency, so I've seen first hand the impact adoption has on children; it lets them be children and have a childhood. And most importantly, it lets them know they're safe and loved.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.