Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3

"Those who look to him are radiant,
and their faces shall never be ashamed."
Psalm 34:5

Those almond shaped eyes.
I cannot get enough of them.
There are times that I catch a glimpse of heaven on her face.
My heart stops.
Scientifically and medically I know a little bit about Down Syndrome
when I look at her face
her hands-
the way her palmar creases are
the curved little pinky
The extra little gap between her big and little toes
(perfect for flip flops I might add)
I can see Down Syndrome.
But as I get to know her
as I Learn to love her
for who she is as a person.
My little G
Those things disappear
I forget all about that label.
I see her as my daughter
Gods daughter.......
and I have to look harder to see
"Down Syndrome"

Shes just Grace to me.

I remain,
Under His wings,
Anna

Linking up with:

31 days here

Grab This Button

6 comments:

  1. what beautiful art!
    I love a silouhette.
    beautiful.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could come read this beautiful piece. It's beautiful.

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art, Anna. And a sweet tribute to your Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a beautiful post! And such beautiful artwork!
    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! You are so sweet! Did you take a class from Kelly Rae? I have not been able to afford it but I love her work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post so much Mrs. Wallis! Also love the new blog.
    Love,
    Kaleigh A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.