Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October 5th- Day 5

"For you have formed my inward parts,
You knitted me together in my mothers womb.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made!!!" ~Psalm 139:13

Today I am blogging about THREE
of the many things I am passionate about
knitting,
Painting/art,
and Little G- Down Syndrome awareness.
I think it takes talent and creativity to blend the three together
but that is where God comes in!
God created each and every one of us.



We have gifts and talents,
a part of the "big picture".
No matter who we are.
You.
Me.
Little G.
Each and every one of us.
each with our different abilities.
Our life has purpose and meaning.

When we first met our daughter
it set in motion a chain of events
and deep feelings in my being.
I had to let go of many of the thoughts and ideas I had about her
because what I believed was wrong.
I have never given birth to a child with a label
like Down Syndrome or "special needs" before
So I dont know what it feels like,
but I do know the feeling
seeing your child for the first time and wondering
"what does our future look like?"
Will she ever speak?
Will she run, jump and play like other children?
Will I ever hear the word Mama?

I have gradually settled into
what being little Gs mama looks like
feels like
Yes, she is learning to speak,
Yes she is making progress,
yes she has real thoughts
and can remember people shes only met twice three months ago.
I can teach her a sign and instantly she is using it appropriately.
I can have hopes and dreams for her future.

I can sit with a beautiful skein of yarn and tell her what it is
and she can learn to say the word yarn
and touch it and feel it
slipping through her fingers
as we wind it into a "ball"
And repeat over and over
"Ball..... yaaaaahn yaahn"
sign the letter Y" Ya ya Yaaahn"
I can show her my little needles
and show her a knitted sock.

"See, mommy likes to knit. Make socks. "
she then signs socks and says "sckaas"
Put them on her little feet.
and know in my heart.
God created her.
He had a plan all along.
How honored I feel.
Such a humbling thing
to be a part of HIS plan in her life.
And I can dream dreams of us knitting together.......


Isnt it all a beautiful mess!!!!!
I remain,
Under His wings,
Anna

8 comments:

  1. God bless her little soul! And you, too! She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your word really touched me today, Anna! She is so very precious and I love to hear your hopes and dreams for her.

    Love your painting and how you tied knitting, painting and Little G-Down Syndrome Awareness together. Lovely work, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sketch of the yarn and knitting! So creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is a work of art. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful mess and a beautiful post. I believe Jodi says it best, your daughter is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful post, inspired. Uplifted by my visit here today

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for such a beautiful post. you blessed me with it today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how HE blends it all together. Beautiful and amazing. I love hearing your love for your daughter. You are such a wonderful mom! I love the beautiful mess! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. We would love it if you left a comment.